SGI Canada's Goals toward October 2 and November 18
SGI President Ikeda has repeatedly conveyed his prayers for those who have lost their lives, and his condolences for those who have lost loved ones, as a result of the pandemic. He has praised the heroic efforts of frontline workers and our sincere and dedicated members, who are continuously encouraging all those around them and demonstrating the courage and compassion of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth.
As we approach the 60th anniversary of worldwide kosen-rufu and the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Soka Gakkai, let’s strive together in unity with our mentor and each other to achieve the following goals:
Toward the 60th anniversary of worldwide kosen-rufu, Sensei’s first overseas journey for peace starting on October 2, 1960, including his first visit to Canada October 11-13, 1960:
- 10,000 members and guests to participate in the World Youth General Meeting on September 27 – 50 per district
- 2,000 Youth and Future Division members and guests to participate in the SGI Canada Youth Festivals
Toward November 18, the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Soka Gakkai:
- Every district to conduct 10 Buddhist dialogues – total 2,000 across Canada
- Every district to add one new subscription to our publications – total 200
- Every district to add one new financial contributor – total 200
Let’s achieve a great victory of the people in this most significant year, which will become the point of departure toward 2030, the 100th anniversary of the Soka Gakkai!
With deepest respect,
SGI Canada General Director